Sunday 12 December 2010

Shelving units

December the 12th 2010

This week I started to put together some more props for the environment, I thought it was quite important to have some nice shelving units since I plan to have the lamp interact mostly on shelving units, I started to build them from scratch keeping in mind a modular construction would work, I came up with the following design which I felt could easily be duplicated around the shop.

I started off with the above support sections, applying a simple bevel to give the model a clean finish.

I then added the above shelf units, again applying a simple bevel to give the model a nice finish.

I took the above texture from my texture library, the source image was a texture that I took a few years ago at my parents house.

I applied my wood texture to the UV map.

The above is the shelf model with the texture applied.

The complete shelving unit, I left the support beams to a simple grey blinn as i preferred the look.

No comments:

Post a Comment